Last Updated: April 19th, 2018
Adding to the roster of energy efficient buildings that slowly takes shape in Bonifacio Global City’s Fifth Avenue is Arthaland’s Century Pacific Tower. Its prime location along Fifth Avenue–dubbed as the next Wall Street of the Philippines–makes it a good choice for companies looking to transfer to BGC.
1. The 30-story office tower was built at an estimated cost of Php 3.5 Billion.
2. It was designed by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP (SOM), the same architectural firm behind the tallest building in the world, the Burj Khalifa in Dubai. The project was done in collaboration with Philippine-based architectural firm GF & Partners Architects.
Originally founded in Chicago in 1936, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill is behind the design of some of the world’s most iconic landmarks. This includes the One World Trade Center (Freedom Tower), 3 World Trade Center, both located in New York, the Wells Fargo Center in Los Angeles, the the John Hancock Center , the Trump International Hotel and Tower, both in Chicago, AIA Central in Hong Kong, Rondo 1 in Warsaw, Pan Peninsula in London, the Zuellig Building in Makati, the Pearl River Tower in Guangzhou, and the Tanjong Pagar Centre in Singapore among others.
3. Described by SOM as the new jewel of Bonifacio Global City, the building was designed to have a uniquely detailed facade system of overlapping glass which gradually changes in appearance with the building’s height.
4. In 2016, the triple-A grade building was recognized as the Best Office Architectural Design (Philippines), Best Green Development (Philippines) and Special Recognition in Sustainable Design (South East Asia) by the South East Asia Property Awards.
5. Po family-led Arthaland Corporation is the developer behind this project. The Po family which also owns the fish canning firm, Century Pacific Group–known for making Century Tuna and Argentina Corned Beef a household name–acquired a 33.85 percent stake in Arthaland in 2011 for Php 450 Million.
6. Arthaland is also behind the development of Arya Residences in Bonifacio Global City–which saw a 165% growth in its value (according to Leechiu Property Consultants) since it was launched in 2009.
7. With technologies that incorporate energy efficiency, rainwater collection, and low-flow fixtures, it has achieved dual green building certification from both the United States Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) and the Philippine Green Building Council’s Building for Ecologically Responsive Design Excellence (BERDE) programs.
8. The building is also designated as a Philippine Economic Zone Authority Information Technology Center which entitles PEZA-registered businesses to fiscal and non-fiscal incentives.
The Manila Project
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram