Last Updated: April 20th, 2018
Joining the growing list of all-glass office towers in Bonifacio Global City is Daiichi’s latest office development–World Plaza. Ideally located along Fifth Avenue, World Plaza adds to the trifecta of towers with uniquely designed facades which includes Arthaland’s Century Pacific Tower and W Group’s W Fifth Avenue.
1. The 27-story office tower was designed by Gensler, the same architectural firm behind Shanghai Tower, the second tallest building in the world.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, with offices in 16 countries, Gensler is among the most profitable architectural and design firms in the world. It was founded in 1965 by Art and Drue Gensler, with James Follett.
Aside from designing the Shanghai Tower, Gensler is also behind the Tower at PNC Plaza in Pennsylvania, San Francisco International Airport Terminal 2, Incheon International Airport Terminal 2, Westin DEN Hotel and Transit Center in Colorado, and the NVIDIA Headquarters in Santa Clara.
2. World Plaza was developed by Daiichi Properties–making it their fifth property within Bonifacio Global City.
Among the firm’s other projects include The Finance Center, One World Place, and Regent Parkway–all located in Bonifacio Global City. Daiichi Properties is also behind the development of Orient Square and The Taipan Place in Ortigas.
3. Magnusson Klemencic Associates in collaboration with Philippine-based Sy^2 + Associates were tasked to work on the building’s structural engineering.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, Magnusson Klemencic Associates was formerly known as Skilling Ward Magnusson Barkshire when it was founded in 1923. The engineering firm has since worked on big ticket projects in over 51 countries. This includes the World Trade Center in New York, the Columbia Center in Seattle, and the Doha Tower and Convention Center which was canceled after it was discovered that the building would impact the flight paths to and from Doha International Airport.
4. The building is designated as a Philippine Economic Zone Authority Information Technology Center which entitles PEZA-registered businesses to fiscal and non-fiscal incentives.
5. Among the office tower’s first tenants include the the shared services offices of Dutch financial giant–ING Group.
6. For its impressive design, World Plaza was awarded the prestigious Five-Star Best Office Development at the Asia Pacific Property Awards in 2015. Its design maximizes the use natural light during the day and gives it a seamless look at night.
7. It is also one of the few buildings in the country that has been pre-certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Gold.
The Manila Project
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram