Facing Park 30th in Bonifacio Global City, ORÉ Central is set to be completed before the year ends. It will soon join the list of some of BGC’s all-glass, postmodernist, and LEED-certified buildings.
1. ORÉ Central was designed by Gensler, the same firm behind Shanghai Tower, the second tallest building in the world.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, with offices in 16 countries, Gensler is among the most profitable architectural and design firms in the world. It was founded in 1965 by Art and Drue Gensler, with James Follett.
Aside from designing the Shanghai Tower, Gensler is also behind the Tower at PNC Plaza in Pennsylvania, San Francisco International Airport Terminal 2, Incheon International Airport Terminal 2, Westin DEN Hotel and Transit Center in Colorado, and the NVIDIA Headquarters in Santa Clara.
2. Developed by the CITIMAX Group, ORÉ Central will house the headquarters of Oriental Peninsula Resources Group (ORÉ).
ORÉ is an investment holding company focused on mining operations–which is primarily engaged to prospect, explore, locate, acquire, hold, work, develop, lease, operate and exploit mineral lands for chromite, copper, manganese, magnesite, silver, gold and other mineral products. They were also recently recognized by Forbes Asia in their list of Asia’s Best Under A Billion in 2017.
3. The building won in three categories at the 2016 Philippines Property Awards– Best Office Development, Best Landscape Architectural Design, and Highly Commended in Best Office Architectural Design.
4. It will soon house the largest flagship outlet of Dean & DeLuca in the Philippines. Caroline L. Tanchay, the Chairman, President, and CEO of Oriental Peninsula Resources Group Inc. (ORE) courted the upscale New York gourmet grocer to be granted a license of the Dean & Deluca brand. Having been granted a license instead of a franchise means that they can create their own menu and bakery products to adapt to the taste of the Filipino market.
5. ORÉ Central’s design tapers as it rises which sets itself apart from the neighboring towers. It will soon house a fitness center, medical clinics, and spaces for after-hour events.